WebHosting Policy approval recommendation

Clay Clay at exodus.net
Thu May 3 14:32:15 EDT 2001

It should be grand-fathered in cases just as you described.  We approve most
grand fathered allocations involving ISP moves.  Exceptions to this occur,
but they normally involve a Customer having a (for example) /21 assigned yet
they are only currently occupying a /22.  In the case where the
grand-fathered subnets have a significant portion unused, I think it is
reasonable and good netizen practice, to assign what is needed for the
renumbering (and an adequate amount for near-term growth) and then come back
and ask for more when it is needed...at that time however, technical
justification would have to be provided.

-Clay