IP-Hosting Policy Specifics

sigma at pair.com sigma at pair.com
Thu May 3 09:01:53 EDT 2001

The consensus reached at the meeting was that ARIN was not seeking to
establish a laundry list of what reasons are acceptable or not, and that
doing so would be inappropriate.  ARIN is simply gathering data about what
the obstacles are at this point, which is frankly a very good idea, since
everyone is considering only their own perception of the whole "Web
hosting issue", or viewing it in terms of what *they* need (or don't need).

I believe it was asked if "just because" is an acceptable answer.  I
suppose it isn't technical enough.  But "just because we use switch X" or
"just because we offer virtualized FTP sites" or "just because we have our
bandwidth tracking sniffer built that way" are all valid.

Kevin