ARIN Justified...

Chris Hershey hershey at easystreet.com
Wed Jan 10 20:22:49 EST 2001

How about about this advantage... If a customer does something via cgi, or
some other thing that crashes the pool, or a pool can otherwise not restart,
then customers outside that pool are unaffected.  When creating multiple
pools, and keeping the number of sites per pool to a limited number (say 50
to 100), you then limit the scope of such an outage.  For us, this has
prevented limited outages from becoming system-wide or machine-wide outages
on more occations than I'd care to count.  This has been a huge advantage in
our experience.  I'm sure there are numerous other advantages, some
administrative, some technical, of which I'm just not aware.
--

-Chris Hershey
hershey at easystreet.com