ARIN Justified..

Clayton Lambert Clay at exodus.net
Wed Jan 10 15:18:08 EST 2001

requiring past allocations to adhere to a new policy is not what was
discussed. Recovering vast amounts of previously allocated (and UNUSED) IP
address space is an entirely DIFFERENT subject.

I would not suggest applying new policies to existing USAGE.  Remember,
recovering unused IP space from /8s that are floating around out there is
not the same as establishing a clearly defined, efficiency focused IP
address usage policy that allows for exceptions but does require technical
reasons (in the form of documentation) for not adhering to that policy.  It
should be clear in stating that policy and business model are NOT
justification (as they are not technical reasons).  On the same line, I
think a technical justification exceptions should be protocol-based, not
vendor based.

-Clay