ARIN Justified...

Justin W. Newton justin at gid.net
Tue Jan 9 20:22:08 EST 2001

How does one tell, in advance to connection, which users need a
"real" IP address, and which users need NAT?  At the bare minimum NAT
breaks P2P networks, which, in case you hadn't noticed, are becoming
more popular.  I will point out that large dial ISP's do already use
DHCP, so a user only has an IP assigned for the period of time that
the user is logged on.

--

Justin W. Newton
Senior Director, Networking and Telecommunications