My thoughts on ARIN web hosting policy

Christopher D. Shelton cshelton at atlanticasp.com
Mon Jan 8 12:34:22 EST 2001

Does anyone know if there is an efficient way for us to determine who is
currently using the various IP blocks - on a macro analysis scale?  I know I
have personally be in large companies that have several Class "C" blocks
that they are not using because they proxy everything.  They just happened
to be assigned to them back in the day when people thought you needed 400
public IP's for 400 in-house computers.

Christopher D. Shelton
Founder and CEO
AtlanticASP.com, Inc.
Baltimore, Maryland

I agree with you completely on how it would impact mostly new/small
business. It actually was that way for us until ARIN
suspended the policy.

-Simon