Summary of recent IPv6 discussions within APNIC and RIPE

Jim Fleming jfleming at anet.com
Tue Oct 23 10:36:00 EDT 2001

Why would people pay for IPv6 Address Space when IPv8 Address Space is FREE
?

2047 IPv8 Blocks have been FREEly allocated to IN-ADDR.<TLD> managers.
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/130dftmail/unir.txt

On October 25, 2001 Microsoft will launch Windows XP which supports IPv8
Addressing.
Companies like New.Net are making it possible for people to register
IN-ADDR.<TLD> names.
Companies like TuCows are helping to break down the .COM monopoly with .INFO
names.
http://www.IN-ADDR.INFO

The .BIZ Community is growing. It is time to build a new Internet based on
fair IP allocations.
The Proof-of-Concept work on the IPv4 Internet can continue, but true
pioneers need to move on.
The technology is now in place to route around the I* organizations, "It
Seeks Overall Control".
http://www.dot-biz.com/Registry/ProofConcept/index.html

Do you use a 2002:<IPv4>:0000 prefix ?
http://www.dot-arizona.com/IPv8/IPv4/