ARIN IPv6 Policy

J. Scott Marcus smarcus at genuity.com
Mon Mar 12 13:33:51 EST 2001

At 18:02 03/12/2001 +0000, bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com wrote:

> ...  This was considered
>	by the ARIN AC and was sent to the Board. ARINs president just
>	made the announcment that ARIN is adopting the IAB/IESG recommendation
>	modulo operational experience...

Actually, Bill, this is not quite right.

The Board generally wants new public policies to be introduced by the AC
and then discussed by the membership and the general public before we act.
The sentiment within the Board was that this requirement was not adequately
met (for a variety of reasons) by the discussion that took place at our
last Public Policy meeting.

Ray Plzak's e-mail did NOT state that this policy was now in effect.  He
noted that the AC had recommended it, and called for discussion.  We give
_great weight_ to AC recommendations, but they do not automatically become
policy.