Closure?

Craig Martin craig at your-GAME.com
Tue Feb 27 18:14:40 EST 2001

Hi There,

My name is Craig Martin and I am fairly new to this mailing-list. I am an
eager computer and internet hobbyist (besides it being my job!), and as such
have signed up to this ARIN mailing list to try to learn more about the IPv6
recommendations.

Obviously there is a lot of acronyms and the such flying around in these
e-mails to save time for all of you who are up to date on this stuff, but
for myself, I am having a hard time understanding some of it. Thus, I have 2
question for you (if you don't mind!):

1. Where can I get my hands on some basic-intermediate info on IPv6 to allow
me to better understand it and what is being discussed in this group?
2. What are the /35 and /48 and /64 all about? As far as I can tell they are
subnetting (CIDR notation), but I only know the ones for subnetting a Class
C license which as you probably know are /24 to /32. What are the higher
numbers you are talking about? (Or am I completely off base?!?)

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Later,
Craig Martin