a revised IAB/IESG document

J. Scott Marcus smarcus at genuity.com
Wed Feb 7 13:47:03 EST 2001

At 10:29 02/07/2001 -0800, Bob Hinden wrote:
>I agree that referencing the real document is good.  I did find several
>places on the site with the 10B in 2050 data:
>
>   http://www.undp.org/popin/wdtrends/p98/tp98pwld.htm
>   http://www.undp.org/popin/wdtrends/chart/3.pdf
>   http://www.undp.org/popin/wdtrends/p98/p98cht2.htm
>
>I also found an interesting table of Countries with a population of over
>100 million in 1950, 1998 and 2050:
>
>   http://www.undp.org/popin/wdtrends/p98/tp98cht0.htm
>
>The interesting thing that the majority of these countries don't have any
>significant IP address allocations today.

Thanks, Bob!  :-)

Interesting that the table at
http://www.undp.org/popin/wdtrends/p98/tp98pwld.htm shows 8.9B people in
2050.  Presumably, this is the mid-range estimate, while the ID figure of
10B in 2050 is based on the high range estimate?  That would be consistent
with the graph in the third URL,
http://www.undp.org/popin/wdtrends/p98/p98cht2.htm

But it does not much matter for these purposes; the difference between 9B
and 10B has no effect whatsoever on the conclusions.