Large global enterprises, multi-homing, and inconsistent announcements

Brian E Carpenter brian at hursley.ibm.com
Wed Apr 18 18:00:58 EDT 2001

Craig,

You are right on that until the IETF multi6 group reaches some conclusions
on short and long term IPv6 multihoming, we can't get final answers
in this space. But meanwhile, my hypothetical large company is going to want
to protect itself by getting a nice short provider-independent prefix.

Doesn't this sound horribly familiar?

   Brian