[Services-wg] Services WG Kickoff Minutes 11 May, 2016

Aaron Hughes aaronh at tcp0.com
Wed May 11 12:30:25 EDT 2016

Minutes:

11, May 2016 0904h PDT - Call to order

In attendance:

Matt Peterson
John Curran
Aaron Hughes
David Huberman
Marty Hannigan

With regrets:
Sean Kennedy
Dmitry Kohmanyuk

1)

A) Monthly call frequency picked without objection.

B) Public read-only, spin up lists as needed for specific tasks. Matt commented that the initial proposal seemed reasonable but may need to be updated as time goes by and we understand needs.

2)

A) Aaron gave an overview. John gave some examples of questions from the community that should be simple to answer. John said he had a draft document to be distributed to the list as a live document to work on. He will send it out following this call to kick off work in this area. Matt asked for minor clarifications about the intent of the document. John cleared up intent and will send out the DRAFT doc to be worked on by the SWG.

B) IRR work. Help define what the community would like for an IRR. What should the ARIN output be. Scope ARIN vs. Global, SMEs? Aaron and John described an overview of the issue. Matt suggested query the membership on how IRRs are used to the membership as a starting point. Survey? Research first, how utilized then educational. John said ARIN would be happy to poll members or entire community if desired.

C) John gave an overview of the CKN-23 issue. Contact Not Known. ARIN staff (Leslie) working on a presentation to desire issues in detail and offer some paths to evaluate. Paper and Slide deck to be sent to the SWG to kick off work. To be sent Monday (16th) to SWG. Make a change vs. stay the course. Future call Leslie will present the deck.

Email thread to create create charter by Aaron

Doodle poll to be sent by by John for meeting 4 weeks from now.

Thanks everyone for your participation.

Adjourn at 0929h PDT.

Cheers,
Aaron

--

Aaron Hughes
aaronh at tcp0.com
+1-703-244-0427
Key fingerprint = 6486 43A5 1692 502C DCFC  8446 C714 E317 F6B1 DEC2
http://www.tcp0.com/