Update to weekly routing analysis summary

Lee Howard lhoward at uu.net
Tue Nov 14 18:34:16 EST 2000

I'll look into it.

Since I work in Install, I'll confess that it's never occurred to me that
someone might try to announce an ASN they didn't own, or propagate an ASN
that wasn't legitmately their customer.  In a current thread on NANOG,
somebody else pointed out that there's no benefit to it; they real owner
will catch you and make the upstream stop routing.

Still, it's probably fair to say that I'm too trusting.  A logical question
then is, if a customer is propagating a bogus ASN to me, how would I stop it?
Do other folks commonly use "AS Martian" access lists?  I'm not even sure
how I would begin to compile such a list.
for ($asn=1; $asn<65535; $asn++) { if (! &whois($asn)) {push(@martians, $asn);} }      ## bleah

btw, when I say "I" or "me", I mean the guy typing, not the corporate
entity known as UUNET, a WorldCom Company.

Lee