IP Space

AveHost.com Staff info at avehost.com
Wed Oct 25 20:49:58 EDT 2000

You did not read my follow-up, as I stated previously, I pulled those
numbers right from Dell, so take it up with them please.  Another thing to
note is, any policy that affects the implementation or utility of a web
server as popular as IIS negatively, or for that matter, any web server
system, whether purposefully targeting it or not, is not a flexible enough
policy to be implemented, period.  Let's keep our focus here, this is what
we are talking about, forget semantics, what is important is that enough
information is gathered from the Internet community at large to determine
how a particular policy will affect that community taking into account the
environment at large.  You can't make a policy based on the assumption that
all web servers running Red Hat can manage with the new policy and forget
that there are NT, Win2k, etc other servers out there also.  Therefore, the
policy must be broad enough and flexible enough to account for these
variations in the environment of the public Internet.

Since the policy of restricting IP's for hosting has been suspended, I think
their is, thank goodness, some realization that the alternative solutions
and work-arounds for IP-based SSL, etc are not as clear-cut and broadly
applicable as once thought, as there are some of us that think Unix is a
FOUR LETTER word.

Support Staff
AveHost.com
201-840-7311