Is ARIN's Job Easy ?

Justin W. Newton justin at EROLS.COM
Mon May 5 13:56:15 EDT 1997

Hmm, wow, an email I sent almost a year ago.  (I know, if I happened to
change my mind over the course of the past year, I am obviously part of the
EvilInternetCabal(tm)).

That being said...  You are once again pulling things out of context (I was
/wondering/ why I said that).  Congratulations on another successful job of
obfuscating meaning.  The full post is included below, and I believe that
you can see from the context that I was talking about submitting IP
allocation requests, not the act of checking the allocations.  Once again,
nice try Jim, do you care to try again?

Justin "My web browser works" Newton

> At 11:26 AM 6/17/96 -0600, you wrote:
> >David M. Graves of NSI has agreed to come to ONE ISPCON in August
> >specifically to meet with ISP's on these issues.  I think it's one of the
> >central issues on the net today.  We're also interested in basic
> >information about IP address/CIDR assignments and issues, and basic ASN
> >registration procedures.
> >
> >Jack Rickard
>
> ASN registration is pretty simple.  I wouldn't worry about that end of
> things.  A good understanding of IP allocation and CIDR takes a little more
> understanding though (although not a heeck of a lot).  I talk which covered
> the whole range from ASN registration all the way through swipping and IP
> allocation requests would be quite a nice talk for many people though.  Kim,
> isn't this more or less your ball of wax?

Yes, this is more or less my ball of wax :-)

Kim

At 01:18 AM 5/3/97 -0500, Jim Fleming wrote:

>Is IP address allocation difficult or not ?
>
>@@@@@ http://www.scomm.net/inet-access/1996-06/msg01745.html
>
>> ASN registration is pretty simple.  I wouldn't worry about that end of
>> things.  A good understanding of IP allocation and CIDR takes a little more
>> understanding though (although not a heeck of a lot).
>
>> Justin Newton
>> Internet Architect
>> Erol's Internet Services
>
>@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@