Let us all bend over, apply the Vaseline...

Jon Lewis jlewis at inorganic5.fdt.net
Sun May 4 00:38:28 EDT 1997

On Thu, 1 May 1997, David R. Conrad wrote:

> >Hold on. If $2500/year for a /19 block isn't leasing then I'd like to
> >know what your definition of leasing is?
>
> What happens when you don't pay the lease on your car?  What happens
> to your address space if you don't pay your membership fee?

I don't see this in the proposal.  What does happen if an ISP gets a /19,
and then fails to pay?  Also, I think this needs to be reworded more
clearly:

  The annual subscription fee will be based on the total allocation of
  address space received in the previous year. ISPs receiving
  address space for the first time will be charged a fee based on the size
  of the initial address space allocation. The subscription
  fees will include inverse addressing (in-addr) service, updates, and
  maintenance.

>From this, I assume an ISP wanting its first /19 from ARIN will have to
pay $2500 up front, and then $2500 the next year.  It seems obvious that
if they refuse to pay at all, they won't get the /19, but what happens if
they fail to pay the second $2500?  Does in-addr service get suspended for
the block or blocks that ISP uses?