Funny Money: 1+1=$50M??

Jim Browning jfbb at ATMNET.NET
Mon Mar 31 12:28:09 EST 1997

You need to take a class in accounting.  You have talked at length about
"inventory" of addresses.  Inventory is valued at the lower of cost or
market value.  No cost = no asset on the balance sheet.

"Impuned income"?  ROFL...  Did you intend to say impugned?  Meaning "false
or questionable"?  That's certainly what it would be all right..   You
would have a n issue with your auditors if you _imputed_ income because
someone allocated you the rights to use address space for free..

Creative approach, I must say, but way off the mark...

>It is sort of ironic that the U.S. Government's NSF
>is currently handing out taxable assets whithout
>much concern for the IRS implications. Since the
>NSF deals with large multi-million dollar grants,
>one would think they would have all these bases
>covered.

Last I checked, the NSF wasn't responsible for advising American businesses
on the tax treatment.  And one would think you would check your facts
before putting offering public tax advice...  It might help keep your
insurance premiums down.

>Has ARIN covered these bases?

They are, of course,  totally irrelevant.
--
Jim Browning