ARIN can still be saved.

Karl Denninger karl at MCS.NET
Fri Mar 28 21:35:01 EST 1997

On Fri, Mar 28, 1997 at 06:16:38PM -0800, Michael Dillon wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Mar 1997, Michael Dillon wrote:
>
> > But it ain't over 'til it's over. I wonder how many other ISP CEO's are
> > writing letters like the one Jim Browning just posted to NANOG...
> >
> > Since federal politics has reared its ugly head here, political solutions
> > and political pressure can be a useful tool which means writing letters
> > and calling politicians in Washington DC,
>
> Well, I decided to make some inquiries and I have discovered a significant
> person in Washington DC who is assessing the NSF/NSI situation. Because of
> the danger of making email addresses publicly known on the net (SPAM,
> etc.) I will not reveal this person's identity. However, I am willing to
> relay an email message from any of the companies on this list, preferably
> from the CEO, to that person and they may well contact you for more
> information.
>
> I ask only that the letters be polite and that you fully identify yourself
> name, job title, company, city, state, phone number and fax number to
> facilitate future contact by the Washington folks. Since this does involve
> politics I feel it is important that the messages of support come from
> senior management levels in the company and that the full identification
> be available. In particular, politicians care very strongly about the city
> and state, while many Internet users make that info hard to track down.
>
> > Ottawa, Mexico City,
> > Johannesburg, Brasilia, Buenos Aires, Santiago...
>
> Maybe we can leave the non-U.S.A. polticians in peace for a while.
>

> Michael Dillon                   -               Internet & ISP Consulting
> Memra Software Inc.              -                  Fax: +1-250-546-3049
> http://www.memra.com             -               E-mail: michael at memra.com

I would like to know where to *directly* contact this individual.

Karl Denninger (karl at MCS.Net)| MCSNet - The Finest Internet Connectivity
http://www.mcs.net/~karl     | T1's from $600 monthly to FULL DS-3 Service
			     | 99 Analog numbers, 77 ISDN, Web servers $75/mo
Voice: [+1 312 803-MCS1 x219]| Email to "info at mcs.net" WWW: http://www.mcs.net/
Fax:   [+1 312 803-4929]     | 2 FULL DS-3 Internet links; 400Mbps B/W Internal