NSI Press Release

Jim Fleming JimFleming at unety.net
Thu Mar 13 23:48:40 EST 1997

On Thursday, March 13, 1997 9:51 PM, Karl Denninger[SMTP:karl at MCS.Net] wrote:
@ On Thu, Mar 13, 1997 at 10:35:03PM -0500, iquest1 at mindspring.com wrote:
@ >
@ > Network Solutions and Leading ISPs Launch Premier Domain Registration Program
@ >
<snip>
@
@ Well, besides being false (we guarantee updates and entries with SIX HOURS),
@ this should pretty much slam the door on anyone who believed that NSI had
@ any intention of giving up their registry next year.
@

I thought the following quotes sort of summarized everything....

	"ISPs will have direct connection to Network Solutions' Domain Registration
	Service, known as the InterNIC, that will provide for the ISP's exclusive
	registration in .com, .org and .net domains."

"known as the InterNIC"....?

	"As the  pioneering registrar for .com, .net, .org, .edu and .gov,
	Network Solutions has registered more than one million
	domain names, and manages the allocation of all Internet
	Protocol addresses in the Americas."

"all Internet Protocol addresses"...?

Hmmm....I have to check our records, I do not think they paid for
"all" of the IPv4 space yet...;-)

--
Jim Fleming
Unir Corporation