RE $50 Million NSF windfall??

Jim Fleming JimFleming at unety.net
Thu Mar 13 12:14:17 EST 1997

On Thursday, March 13, 1997 5:53 AM, Douglas Denny[SMTP:denny at rns.net] wrote:
@
<snip>
@
@ 	I am now asking you to act in a way that is both productive and
@ useful, otherwise remove yourself from this list or I will petition your
@

If you do not think that it is productive for U.S. citizens
to protect a $5 plus billion dollar Registry Industry then
you are mistaken.

If the U.S. Government sanctioned and supported InterNIC
allows a few vocal Canadians, with apparently zero
support from the elected officials in Canada, to shape
the Registry Industry and does not take into account
some of the factors mentioned, then they are going to
be held accountable by U.S. citizens and taxpayers.

Again, I suggest that you work with your Canadian
government to first establish one InterNIC-like agency.
If you like you could follow some of the suggestions
of the InterNIC 2000 plan.

Until Canada has taken at least those steps, then
it is hard to consider your other "petitions". If you
do get the U.S. Government's NSF to follow your
petitions from Ontario, Canada then please let me
know.

Thanks for your time...

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

ROGERS NETWORK SERVICES (RNS2-DOM)
   1 Valleybrook Drive
   Don Mills, Ontario M3B 2S7
   Canada

   Domain Name: RNS.NET

   Administrative Contact, Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
      Oattes, Lee M.  (LO11)  oattes at RNS.NET
      +1 416 391 7261 (FAX) +1 416 447 5839
   Billing Contact:
      Tam, Bill  (BT358)  btam at RCI.ROGERS.COM
      (416) 443-5457

   Record last updated on 14-May-96.
   Record created on 29-Nov-95.

   Domain servers in listed order:

   NS1.RNS.NET                  206.222.68.4
   NS1.GSL.NET                  204.59.144.222
   NS2.RNS.NET                  24.113.1.5

--
Jim Fleming
Unir Corporation