RE $50 Million NSF windfall??

Valdis.Kletnieks at VT.EDU Valdis.Kletnieks at VT.EDU
Thu Mar 13 12:01:58 EST 1997

On Wed, 12 Mar 1997 18:59:10 CST, Jim Fleming said:
> Maybe this should be reversed. Any attempt by ARIN
> to walk off with the /8s that belong to the U.S. Government,
> the DOD, and/or the U.S. taxpayers will bring ARIN into
> a spotlight brightter than anything you probably have
> ever seen out there in British Columbia.

Hmm.. my crock detector went off here.

I mean, how could ARIN *POSSIBLY* dare to try such a thing,
after the enormous publicity that was created when *FOREIGN
ORGANIZATIONS* (to wit, RIPE and APNIC) stole integers and
TOOK THEM OUT OF THE COUNTRY???

/Valdis (who has never actually seen a 32-bit integer that was
stamped "US Government Property - Do Not Duplicate").