Threats of Censorship?

Jim Fleming JimFleming at unety.net
Thu Mar 6 10:36:31 EST 1997

On Thursday, March 06, 1997 2:52 AM, The Innkeeper[SMTP:the_innkeeper at SOLS.NET] wrote:
<snip>
@ >
@ > What is being forgotten here is this. I'll use an analogy so even Jim can
@ > understand. If there is a list to discuss Chevy engines then those people
@ > who insist on posting questions about Ford engines

Thanks for the analogy...

What you are saying is...ARIN is ARIN...period !!!!
read about it, endorse it, approve it, tweek it, launch it...
...but...
the discussion leading to ARIN is over. It is a done deal.

The real discussion which is how does the IPv4 Address
Space get placed under proper management in light of
the coming transition in 1998 of the National Science
Foundation out of the "registration" business...is NOT here...

I agree with that...clearly, those discussions need to
be in other forums...

In my opinion, some of the ARIN founders falsely gave
people the impression that ARIN was a "concept" in the
early stages of formation...what people seem to be
indicating is that ARIN is very mature and only minor
comments are now required...

Thanks for helping to make this clear...good luck with ARIN...

--
Jim Fleming
Unir Corporation

e-mail: