Value of telephone numbers

Paul Ferguson pferguso at CISCO.COM
Mon Jun 30 10:53:11 EDT 1997

Since this thread is deviating from the gist of the initial
discussion, I'll keep this brief.

I would point out that what you are advocation is already
recognized, at least insofar as BGP does not take into
account path congestion, latency, other metrics, etc.

Take at look at:

 http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/qosr-charter.html

We have our first WG meeting in Munich/IETF in August,
and there has been significant discussion on the mailing
list.

In any event, this discussion should be moved to the
QoSR mailing list.

- paul