ARIN /8s ?

Dick St.Peters stpeters at NETHEAVEN.COM
Sun Jun 29 23:58:48 EDT 1997

> Since, I doubt that anybody reading this list is really talking about a
> network in which you could wake up each day and find that you have a
> different allocation ...

Well, already the majority of Internet users get a different IP
address every time they dial in.

> Otherwise we could end up having to fight "IP
> address portability" legislative proposals even if they aren't technically
> sound.

At this point I'd almost welcome such a legislative proposal, so I
could go to my congressman and complain about the lack of portability
of zip+4 codes.  I'm moving my business base in a couple of weeks, and
the Post Office is forcing me to renumber.

Well, actually, they're not.  I can still use the old zip+4 if I want;
my mail just won't get to me.

--
Dick St.Peters, stpeters at NetHeaven.com
Gatekeeper, NetHeaven, Saratoga Springs, NY, 1-800-910-6671 (voice)