ARIN /8s ?

Karl Auerbach karl at CAVEBEAR.COM
Sun Jun 29 22:36:06 EDT 1997

> >If one has something which has a market value, and IP address allocations
> >are certainly among those,
>
> Can you point me to the market in which IP addresses are bought and
> sold?  I seem to have missed the URL.

Go to PSI and say "I want a class C".  They aren't going to simply hand
you one without payment.

I've seen a fair number of address blocks bought and sold over the last
couple of years.  The prices vary, but I've seen a very rough rule of
thumb of $1 and up per address for larger blocks.

It is fairly obvious to anyone who has ever had to deal with "rights to
use" that a right (or even a privilge) to use an IP address is a property
right with a value.

		--karl--