past vs future use

Justin W. Newton justin at priori.net
Sun Jun 29 13:03:26 EDT 1997

At 02:53 PM 6/28/97 +0100, Jeff Williams wrote:
>Karl Auerbach wrote:
>>
>> > [direct quote from the rfc]
>> > ---
>> > 3.1  Common Registry Requirements
>> >
>> >    Because the number of available IP addresses on the Internet is
>> >    limited,
>>
>> It's interesting that RFC2050 is premised on a limitation of addresses.
>>
>> The real issue that started all off this is not that we are running out of
>> addressing space (Frank Solenski's projections show we have about 20 years
>> before we hit the wall -- ask me sometime about how and where the original
>> calculation was made, it's an interesting story.)  Rather, the real issue
>> is the routing table expansion.
>
>  Exactly!  Whew!  Finaly someone sees the light!  >;)

I'm not quite sure what you are talking about here Jeff.  People have been
discussing the fact that the real problem was routing space slots on many
lists long before you joined them.  Please read the archives before
pretending like you know /anything/.

Justin W. Newton                  voice: +1-415-482-2840
Senior Network Architect            fax: +1-415-482-2844
PRIORI NETWORKS, INC.              http://www.priori.net
Director At Large, ISP/C           http://www.ispc.org
"The People You Know.  The People You Trust."