The latest

Jim Fleming JimFleming at unety.net
Fri Jun 27 09:58:22 EDT 1997

On Friday, June 27, 1997 8:40 AM, Stephen Sprunk[SMTP:spsprunk at paranet.com] wrote:
@ Kim has stated that her primary function at ARIN will be IP space
@ reclaimation.  I'm not sure how many large contiguous blocks she will find
@ at first, but there's no doubt it will do some good and hopefully loosen up
@ allocations once enough small networks have been reclaimed to form aggregates.
@

/**/
//
#

@ If you'll remember, I argued for atomic netblocks in NANOG a while back and
@ received no support, even from you, who claim to support the idea.
@

I am sorry I did not see that and generally post very little
to the NANOG list because the people there claim they
are only interested in day to day operational integrity topics.
They only discuss other topics when the "right" people
are involved.

Again...I have suggested a very simple plan...

3,000 new /18 allocations for ISPs.
An easy application form with NO "subjective" decisions.
I can dig out the details if you missed the original postings.

One thing that is odd is that ARIN is not needed to
make any of these plans happen. They could have been
done within the InterNIC structure. No one has ever explained
why the creation of ARIN is going to magically change any
of the decision making process. I predict that it will not.

--
Jim Fleming
Unir Corporation