The latest

Jeff Williams jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jun 26 16:19:54 EDT 1997

Jim and all,

Jim Fleming wrote:

> On Thursday, June 26, 1997 6:11 PM, Stephen Sprunk[SMTP:sprunk at csi.net] wrote:
> @ At 16:05 26-06-97 -0500, you wrote:
> @ >On Thursday, June 26, 1997 1:39 PM, J.D.
> @ Falk[SMTP:jdfalk at cybernothing.org] wrote:
> @ >@    I'd like my own ARIN, please.  Jim should have his own, too.
> @ >@
> @ >@    Actually, as long as Jim has his own, the rest of us will
> @ >@    probably do okay with the /real/ one.
> @ >
> @ >How do you define "real"....?
> @ >
> @ >IANA sanctioned ?
> @
> @ Exactly.
> @
>
> Will ARIN be presenting the items David McClure
> suggests are missing from a "real" proposal...?
>
> @@@ http://www.webweek.com/current/infrastructure/19970623-ip.html
>
> "ARIN's not a real proposal. It's a half-baked document
> with a price list," said David McClure, executive director
> of the Association of Online Professionals, a group of
> more than 1,000 network operators. "We haven't seen a
> business plan, a budget, bylaws, or a mission statement.
> Fundamentally, it's got to be accountable to the people
> who foot the bill."

  I must say that this is one of the points that I have been making
in a somewhat softer manner.  I couldn't agree more with what
David is suggesting.  >;)

  There must be open accountability here, if this method is going
to have any chance of working over the long haul.  It seems that
mayn are only intrested in the short term.  This cannot and
will not prevail I believe.  But it is only My humble opinion...
And I guess Davids as well.

> --
> Jim Fleming
> Unir Corporation

Jeffrey A. Williams
DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java Development Eng.
Information Eng. Group. IEG. INC.
Phone :913-294-2375 (v-office)
E-Mail jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com