oops! previous assignment history

Gordon Cook cook at NETAXS.COM
Thu Jun 26 20:46:11 EDT 1997

larry vaden asks:

Aren't all the requirements for ISPs stated in section 2.1 alone of
RFC2050?

Cook: no Larry I think you are wrong.  section three refers to
'enterprises' wich might be a LARGE corporation or gov't agency wanting
its own block of IP numbers from internic AS WELL AS might be an ISP.

in my opinion enterprise was designed to refer to ISPs and other types of
organizations.  I think you are doing some serious misreading.

The COOK Report on Internet               For subsc. pricing & more than
431 Greenway Ave, Ewing, NJ 08618 USA     ten megabytes of free material
(609) 882-2572 (phone & fax)              visit   http://cookreport.com/
Internet: cook at cookreport.com             On line speech of critics under
attack by Ewing NJ School Board, go to http://cookreport.com/sboard.shtml