oops! previous assignment history

Larry Vaden vaden at texoma.net
Thu Jun 26 20:25:43 EDT 1997

At 06:38 PM 6/26/97 -0400, Gordon Cook wrote:
>looks like I missed  section 3.3 previous assignment history
>
>The rfc says:  To promote increased usage of address space, the registries
>will
>   require an accounting of address space previously assigned to the
>   enterprise, if any.
>
>Cook:  i do detect some ambiguity here. assigned by the upstream provider
>or assigned directly by internic?

Aren't all the requirements for ISPs stated in section 2.1 alone of RFC2050?

>From <http://www.internic.net/rfc/rfc2050.txt>, Table of Contents,

2.1  Guidelines for Internet Service Providers.........4

The word ISP is not mentioned elsewhere in the document (authority: MSIE
find function), save in the introduction and section 2.2 regarding
reassignment information.

---

Larry Vaden, founder and CEO                  help-desk 903-813-4500
Internet Texoma, Inc. <http://www.texoma.net>    direct 903-870-0365
Member, Board of Directors, ISP/C                   fax 903-868-8551
Member of TISPA and USIPA                         pager 903-867-6571