The latest

Jerry Scharf scharf at VIX.COM
Wed Jun 25 16:05:11 EDT 1997

Jeff,

I don't think anyone doubts that you have to put IP adddresses in A records
for DNS forward zones. What everyone doubts is that there is any linkage
between ARIN's MANAGEMENT of ALLOCATION of IP addresses and anything related
to forward zone management, IAHC or the rest. It doesn't matter to any debate
on DNS names whethter you get new addresses from ARIN, RIPE, APNIC or already
have them in hand.

For the in-addr.arpa zone, there is the necessary installation and management
of NS records for delegation. This has worked successfully for years and no
one that I know sees any problem with how it works.

So now that it is said, what linkage do you want to see between how ARIN does
business and issues/changes to DNS.

Jerry