What is the status of ARIN?

Gordon Cook cook at NETAXS.COM
Thu Jun 12 11:50:57 EDT 1997

yeah i have such addresses and have been using them to no avail.
kahin and his ilk are doing "private sector" bidding because the internet
old boy community doesn't have the innate "business" intelligence to run
the Internet as a profit making BUSINESS and tried to deliver inyternet
governace to the ITU.  They have been blocked and are now irrelevant.
This is the point I have been hearing multiple times at a meeting in
london that I am attending.

only to these people kahin is not ilk but hero......  the whole thing has
a logic about it that leaves me dreadfully depressed.

that crap about wanting the ip numbers portable came from the white house
to me in private mail on may 12.  key peole weighed into educate within
24 hours, the next roadblock was federal register.  the dispute is as
much about personalities and turf as it is about anything approaching the
public interest.  anyd you guessed it....NO ONE is in charge.

very depressing more in my july issue in about 15 days.... I fly to
back US tomorrow.
The COOK Report on Internet               For subsc. pricing & more than
431 Greenway Ave, Ewing, NJ 08618 USA     ten megabytes of free material
(609) 882-2572 (phone & fax)              visit   http://cookreport.com/
Internet: cook at cookreport.com             On line speech of critics under
attack by Ewing NJ School Board, go to http://cookreport.com/sboard.shtml