ARIN Articles of Incorporation

Larry Vaden vaden at texoma.net
Fri Jul 18 18:00:28 EDT 1997

John Crain of RIPE has brought a degree of civility to the discussions here
that I remember well from time in Europe in the late 70s and early 80s.

We've just received ARIN's Articles of Incorporation from the Secretary of
State in Virginia.  To make that information more widely available, and in
tribute to John's civility, you can review the ARIN Articles of
Incorporation at <http://www.nair.net/arin/arin-aoi>.

As John points out:

 * As you read the ARIN proposal, how soon after formation of ARIN will an
 * Advisory Council be 100% elected by the members rather than by the BofT?

As I understand it:

100% takes a while yes.

33.33% in year one.
66.66% in year two.

This assumes that the staggered system in the proposal is followed and
nobody leaves the council, for whatever reason.

This means that within two years a majority of the Advisory council
would be directly member elected.

<snip> ... </snip>

 * As you read the ARIN proposal, how soon after formation of ARIN will the
 * BofT be 100% elected by the members rather than by the organizers of ARIN?

Once again yes this takes time. It is staggered for stability.

A very important paragraph in the proposal is:

"This selection process is subject to revision based on community
input."

<snip> ... </snip>

Kind regards,

John Crain
These are my personal opinions, they do not necessarily reflect those
of my employees and the organisation for which I work.