Which ISPs are Qualified ?

Justin W. Newton justin at priori.net
Tue Jul 15 02:54:59 EDT 1997

At 03:42 PM 7/9/97 -0400, Paul Ferguson wrote:
>At 03:00 PM 07/09/97 -0400, Vince Wolodkin wrote:
>

>>If enough people had a reason to get a thousand people on a bus, you can
>>bet your ass GMC would be building one.  I represent a business that
>>wants to have 24 hour uninterrupted connectivity to the net, because
>>that is our business.  The only way I can come close to that is
>>multi-homing with multiple providers.  Unless I get at least a /19, I
>>cannot do this casue I will be filtered because Cisco's router's can't
>>handle enough routes to give everyone PI space.  It's not Cisco's fault
>>that they can't keep up with the growth of the Internet, at least I
>>wasn't saying that.
>>
>>But when it comes down to it, the reason I cannot be multi-homed is
>>because the big backbone routers are running out of table space.  If
>>this is untrue, why can't I get a routeable /24?
>>

>Oh, we'll build it, but the question is, can the vast number of
>people afford it?

When I need them I will be able to.  If not, well, I need a new industry to
be in, or a new pricing model, or a new vendor.  Your herring, its red again ;)

Justin W. Newton                        voice: +1-415-482-2840
Senior Network Architect                  fax: +1-415-482-2844
PRIORI NETWORKS, INC.                    http://www.priori.net
Legislative and Policy Director, ISP/C   http://www.ispc.org
"The People You Know.  The People You Trust."