Forcible reclamation?

Larry Vaden vaden at texoma.net
Tue Jul 8 14:07:12 EDT 1997

At 01:02 PM 7/8/97 -0400, Paul Ferguson wrote:
>At 09:55 AM 07/08/97 -0700, Karl Auerbach wrote:
>

>>In terms of when one hits the wall on #1, Frank Solensky of FTP Software
>>has been doing projections for a couple of years regarding when address
>>space prefixes run out.  And he's projecting a very long time (the year
>>2015 sticks in my mind) for exhausion of classic class b and c chunks. His
>>last projection is perhaps a close to a year out of date.  (One would hope
>>that ipv6 or nat would be more widely deployed by then ;-)
>>

>Franks' projections were based on total allocations, and I do not
>believe any of the ISI reclamation efforts were factored into
>the projection.
>
>- paul

Which would extend the projected date at which we will run out of IPv4
space, correct?

---
Larry Vaden, founder and CEO                       help-desk 903-813-4500
Internet Texoma, Inc. <http://www.texoma.net>    direct line 903-870-0365
bringing the real Internet to rural Texomaland           fax 903-868-8551
Member of ISP/C, TISPA and USIPA                       pager 903-867-6571