Forcible reclamation?

David R. Conrad davidc at APNIC.NET
Tue Jul 8 03:11:46 EDT 1997

Karl,

There are three related issues the registries are getting hit over the
head to fix:

1) limitiation on address space

2) limitations of router forwarding table space

3) limitations of router CPU for processing updates.

While my understanding is that the current criticality ordering of
these resources is 3, 2, 1, this does NOT mean that limitation on
address space is not a concern.  Revocation would simply mean that it
would continue to be third in the prioritization.

Regards,
-drc
--------