Continental Aggregation

Jeff Williams jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com
Sat Jul 5 04:48:43 EDT 1997

Paul and all,

Paul Ferguson wrote:

> At 12:40 PM 07/04/97 -0400, Richard J. Sexton wrote:
>

> >Which begs the question, will IPV4's inherent allocaiton and
> >resource shortage problems be fixed before it's replaced.
> >

> Some would argue that it is not broken, and simply replacing
> v4 with v6 will simply introduce a probelm in this regard
> (or amplify the problem, if you believe one exists).

  Well I guess I look at the IPV6 situation as a augment to
Ipv4 not a replacment initialy.  Than later a phase over to
all ipv6.  With this approach, you DO improve the situation
quickly for the short haul, and also provide a path for a more
long term fix.

  Putting the way you did, I have to agree, you really just
add to the possibility of agravating the problem at least.
But as I invision Ipv6 form an implimentation standpoint,
you reduce or eliminate a IP problem and a political one
in one step.  And any time I can kill two birds with one
stone, it becomes a much better senerio in my mind.

> - paul

Jeffrey A. Williams
DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java Development Eng.
Information Eng. Group. IEG. INC.
Phone :913-294-2375 (v-office)
E-Mail jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com