US CODE: Title 15, Chapter 1, Section 2.

John LeRoy Crain John.Crain at RIPE.NET
Fri Jan 31 11:04:42 EST 1997

 Alan Bechtold <sysop-news at WORLDNET.ATT.NET> writes:
 * I've been "lurking" a long while, trying to catch up on all the technical
 * sides to the question, but your response, Jawaid, forced me to jump in.

<SNIP>

 * I don't necessarily agree with all of Mr. Bass's opinions, Jawaid, but I do
 * agree with his recommendation. Better to find out what the regulatory
 * agencies think about ARIN's proposal now than have them come in after it's
 * all set up and rolling.

This may indeed be an interesting question.

I think that as the original InterNIC situation was influenced by the
US government, which is basically the same system of having a tiered
structure that will be in place with ARIN, that they wouldn't have too
many problems with the proposal. The main change is the funding.

Has anybody actually asked the agencies about this?

John Crain