US CODE: Title 15, Chapter 1, Section 2.

Bill Woodcock woody at ZOCALO.NET
Fri Jan 31 00:37:44 EST 1997

    I think, Tim, that you're the only person who's mentioned "charging
    for IP address space."  You'll recall that all anyone else is
    interested in doing is providing registry services.  Which is by no
    means a monopolized service.  If you'll recall, I already undercut the
    ARIN with my Half-Used Post-It (tm) Registry, wherein you're
    designated in perpetuity the sole and exclusive holder of the
    integer...  Um...  Oops, maybe I lost that Post-It...  Yeah, well,
    that's the problem with these cut-rate competitive registries, you
    know?

    Ah, no, here it is...  You've got 42, Paul Jimenez got 41, and Wayne
    Bouchard (Primenet) is delegated the range 24-31, from which he's
    operating a competitive registry on an old dry-cleaning ticket.  In
    order to under-cut me, though, I think he must be running it as a
    loss-leader.

    What was your point, again, Tim?  I'm sorry, I seem to have forgotten.

                             -Bill