question about in-addr.arpa

Stephen Satchell satchell at ACCUTEK.COM
Tue Jan 28 02:44:49 EST 1997

At 8:40 AM 1/27/97, Jerry Scharf wrote:
>please folks, lets keep this on topic. ISPs not swiping their customers are
>way out of bounds.

Jerry, the subject is out of bounds when we're told that ARIN does *not*
maintain the IN-ADDR.ARPA name space.  Part of the rationale for the need
for high connectivity and boudacious computing power is to serve this
domain -- and I just don't see it myself.

Further to this:  the discussion of why there will be only 300-400
organizations dealing with ARIN itself has to do with aggregation.  That
being the fact, it becomes germane whether the owners of /16s selling /24s
are providing adequate service.  If they don't (and the discussion to date
says not) then this part of the proposal needs work, in my view.

Or did Kim make an announcement I missed?

---
Stephen Satchell, Satchell Evaluations
<http://www.accutek.com/~satchell> for contact and other info
Opinions stated here are my PERSONAL opinions.