Revised ARIN Proposal

Michael Dillon michael at MEMRA.COM
Sat Jan 25 01:46:55 EST 1997

On Fri, 24 Jan 1997, Kim Hubbard wrote:

> The ARIN website also contains a faq and a list of the proposed Board
> of Trustees

Hmmm... You might want to flesh out the info about Raymundo Vega a bit
more...

Raymundo Vega, director of the Computing and Networking Division of the
CICESE in Ensenada, Mexico since 1992. CICESE is a research and
postgraduate studies facility that was influential in introducing computer
technology in Latin America and in 1989 was the second site in Mexico to
connect to the Internet. Mr. Vega has a Masters degree in Geophysics and
began his career in 1980 as a researcher in the applied geophysics
department of CICESE. He does research in processing and modelling
geophysical data and participates in annual symposiums dedicated to
developing networks in Latin America. He also belongs to the technical
committee of Mexico's National Technology Network (RTN) and was a founding
member of the Internet Society of Mexico, a chapter of ISOC.

Since Raymundo's name will not be familiar to most people who check the
website, I think it is necessary to explain his credentials in at least as
much detail as some of the other proposed board members. Any errors in the
above are likely due to my misinterpretation of the Spanish language
original documents I used as my information sources.

Memra Software Inc.              -                  Fax: +1-250-546-3049