Comments on ARIN proposal

Stephen Satchell satchell at accutek.com
Thu Jan 23 00:23:52 EST 1997

At 3:57 PM 1/22/97, Jeremiah Kristal wrote:
>Of course MCI is a business, just like everyone else here.  I think that
>almost every one of us is in this to make money.  We may have other
>reasons too, but I think just about all of the people here understand the
>basics of economics.

WHOOPS!  Not everyone here is a for-profit enterprise, even though they may
be part of an enterprise trying to be for-profit.  As for understanding the
basics of economics I submit that your rabid DILBERT reader understands
well only personal economics...and some of the comments here from
representatives of businesses exhibit the same sort of self-centered
economic understanding.

Without supporting numbers, many of the prior posters assumed that the
actual cost of running the registry could be measured in tens of thousands
of dollars a year.  That's why I came up with my straw-man budget, the
*only* detailed budget proposal I've seen on the list or the Web page.