ARIN Proposal

Karl Denninger karl at MCS.NET
Wed Jan 22 01:21:57 EST 1997

> > For any ISP that sells any of those "tied" services, any move which makes it
> > un-feasible (and by that I mean any event which causes SIGNIFICANT barriers
> > to entry to be raised) is IMHO a per-se anti-trust problem, at least in the
> > United States.
>
>       I think it's a technical fact of life.
>
>       If you move, you have to notify your friends, change your mailing
> address everywhere it appears, change your phone number, maybe drive
> further to work, and so on and so forth. Is this grounds for an action
> against your landlord?
>
>       DS

That's not the analog here.

If you move, *I* don't have to change *MY* phone number.

Its not the direct effects (which we can all agree are properly contractual
matters) -- its the INDIRECT damages which are the problem and give rise to
a tying arrangement argument.

Karl Denninger (karl at MCS.Net)| MCSNet - The Finest Internet Connectivity
http://www.mcs.net/~karl     | T1's from $600 monthly to FULL DS-3 Service
                             | 99 Analog numbers, 77 ISDN, Web servers $75/mo
Voice: [+1 312 803-MCS1 x219]| Email to "info at mcs.net" WWW: http://www.mcs.net/
Fax:   [+1 312 248-9865]     | 2 FULL DS-3 Internet links; 400Mbps B/W Internal