Good intent and somewhat competent

Michael Dillon michael at MEMRA.COM
Sun Jan 19 18:53:07 EST 1997

On Sun, 19 Jan 1997, Jeremiah Kristal wrote:

> If there is some
> magical router out there that can handle 10,000,000 route entries, why
> haven't we heard about it?

http://www.pluris.com is only one of three designs out there. And at least
one of these will be available soon.

> Maybe Cisco isn't lying to us all, maybe aggregation is a good idea no
> matter what hardware the backbones are using.

Besides, changing the global routing paradigm is something that should be
done first in a research environment so we can have some proof that it
has a chance of succeeding in the real world.

Memra Software Inc.              -                  Fax: +1-250-546-3049