Good intent and somewhat competent

David R. Conrad davidc at apnic.net
Sun Jan 19 20:06:58 EST 1997

Howard,

If Kim posts rough estimates, what do you think the probability is
she'll be flamed with thermonuclear intensity should the actual
numbers deviate from those estimates?  My guess would be the number
approaches 1 as the actual numbers go over her estimates -- regardless
of whatever provisos she puts in or all capital letter requests you
might make to the peanut gallery.

I'd really like to suggest we let Kim finish revising the draft
proposal and working out real budgetary numbers -- it will make things
a whole lot easier in the end.  Of course, I'd also like to suggest
people stop getting into wars.  Both probably have equal likelihood
of coming true.

Regards,
-drc
--------