Reject the NAIPR

Jeremiah Kristal jeremiah at CORP.IDT.NET
Sun Jan 19 11:41:49 EST 1997

No problem.  I'll get this up on this net either today or tomorrow, I'll
post the URL then.  If anyone else has recommendations, please email them
either to the list or to me directly.

Jeremiah

On Sun, 19 Jan 1997, Paul Ferguson wrote:

> Jeremiah,
>
> Since you volunteered, please consider yourself Keeper of the
> Reading List (tm).
>
> I'll start off with a few pointers which spring to mind, and encourage
> others to contribute to the list.
>

>  RFC1338, Supernetting: an Address Assignment and Aggregation Strategy
>  http://www.internic.net/rfc/rfc1338.txt
>
>  RFC1380, IESG Deliberations on Routing and Addressing
>  http://www.internic.net/rfc/rfc1380.txt
>
>  RFC1518, An Architecture for IP Address Allocation with CIDR
>  http://www.internic.net/rfc/rfc1518.txt
>
>  RFC2050, INTERNET REGISTRY IP ALLOCATION GUIDELINES
>  http://www.internic.net/rfc/rfc2050.txt
>
>  RFC1918, Address Allocation for Private Internets
>  http://www.internic.net/rfc/rfc1918.txt
>
>  Resources for ISPs
>  http://www.ra.net/isp.html
>
>  The CIDR FAQ
>  http://www.rain.net/faqs/cidr.faq.html
>
>  The Daily CIDR Report
>  http://www.employees.org:80/~tbates/cidr-report.html
>
>  RFC1481, IAB Recommendation for an Intermediate Strategy to Address
>   the Issue of Scaling
>  http://www.internic.net/rfc/rfc1481.txt
>
>  RFC1631, The IP Network Address Translator (NAT)
>  http://www.internic.net/rfc/rfc1631.txt
>
> - paul
>
> At 11:12 PM 1/18/97 -0500, Jeremiah Kristal wrote:
>
> >Actually, rationale d) is a slightly more verbose version of rationale b).
> >I think this illustrates the need for an expanded ARIN website, with
> >pointers to rfc1519, rfc1918, some general definitions, and a list of
> >books for further reading.  Mr. Satchell is one of the most highly
> >regarded modem gurus out there, and he is still fairly confused by parts
> >of this.  Maybe some of the more active participants on this list would
> >volunteer to write up some of the descriptions?  Hell, I'll volunteer if
> >we can get a general consensus about the content.

      ________
      \______/                  Jeremiah Kristal
       \____/                   Senior Network Integrator
        \__/                    IDT Internet Services
         \/                     jeremiah at hq.idt.net
                                201-928-4454