RIPE, High Fees and Cronyism

Howard C. Berkowitz hcb at clark.net
Sun Jan 19 17:08:24 EST 1997

At 1:57 PM -0800 1/19/97, Randy Bush wrote:
>David,
>
>> Don't forget the legal fees. RIPE still hasn't a legal department (I
>> know, domain names tend to attract more lawyers then IPs).
>
>America has a radically higher rate of suits.  So, if we believe the RIPE
>model, try to translate it to the States, and assume that some portion of
>the irrational flamage here leads to some proportion of irrational suits,
>ARIN's proposed fees may be too low.  Ugh.
>
>> You forgot that RIPE even owned a corporate bike
>
>The smoking gun at last!  So finally we have proof that the blood sucking
>registries are using the lifeblood they drain from the small ISPs to fund
>their luxurious excesses.  I demand that a picture of this bike be put up
>on the web, so we can all see evidence of the perfidy of these running
>dog capitalist (oops! wrong rant. uh ...) self-aggrandizing registries.
>
>:-)  sorry, long running make
>
>randy

Randy, you don't go far enough.  Other conspirators are revealed here.
What does the corporate bike run over?  Wheels?  A likely story.  No...they
are TOKEN RINGS!  It's an IBM PLOT!

If you don't believe me, look at those wheels.  Hub and spoke if I ever saw
it, and if that isn't the Secret Symbol of Mainframe Centrism, I don't know
what is.

Howard