Rationale

Stephen Satchell satchell at accutek.com
Sun Jan 19 01:48:13 EST 1997

At 9:10 PM 1/18/97, Michael Dillon wrote:
>On Sat, 18 Jan 1997, Stephen Satchell wrote:
>
>> I'm particularly interested in why the policy membership assessment is set
>> so high.  I'm a member of the Telecommunications Industry Association TR-30
>> as a consultant and my fees have historically been $300 per year -- and
>> that is to cover the cost of paper mailings of notices, ballots for draft
>> standards, and a small administration in Washington.  (Corporate fees for
>> the same organization are $10,000 per year for manufacturers.)
>
>The members of ARIN are analogous to the manufacturers in the TIA so I
>would say that ARIN's fees are roughly comparable.

But, but, but...the Web page says that *individuals* as well as
representatives of commercial organizations have to pay $1k/year, and I
just don't see the expense that justifies that sort of cost to people that
aren't making money on the matter.

---
Stephen Satchell, Satchell Evaluations
<http://www.accutek.com/~satchell> for contact and other info