Sheesh

Brett L. Hawn blh at nol.net
Sat Jan 18 19:21:53 EST 1997

Not to sound like Mr. Flemming but one thing strikes me as a serious
oversight, the lack of thought towards the future. Rather than overprice a
non-scalable resource, and basically screw everyone in the process. Why
isn't something being done to create something more scalable and useable?
I've seen this topic brought up once or twice and I have yet to see anyone
even attempt to reply to it. We've seen lots of 'ARIN SUCKS' or 'ARIN RULES'
messages, this is dandy (if you like the moronic politics involved) but ARIN
is _NOT_ the solution. As the internet grow IP space is only going to become
more and more scarce and then your troubles will be even more. Now I'm no
genius, and I can't provide the answers.. what I want to know is why the
people that can aren't. You've got dozens of brilliant minds spewing their
politics back and forth rather than spending productive hours creating a
new, more powerful, more scalable resource which can be enjoyed by everyone
without the excessive costs and basic stupidity we're seeing now.

[-]                Brett L. Hawn (blh @ nol dot net)                       [-]
[-]                Networks On-Line - Houston, Texas                       [-]
[-]                           713-467-7100                                 [-]