ARIN Comments

Jerry Scharf scharf at vix.com
Wed Feb 26 14:37:02 EST 1997

jims at CYBERPARK.COM said:
> I believe in creating a registry for each state. However, I don't
> agree with the process mentioned below of letting the Senator's and
> Governor's decide who will  handle the tasks. The less the government
> is involved the better. Exactly how the companies are decided, well
> that could be opened for discussion. The idea of having political
> figures decide leads me to believe special interest would soon take
> control of a number states, which in turn could harm the entire
> process. That is just my opinion.

Ask the people who did the state by state DNS stuff under .us what their
successes and problems were before you wish that on an IP registry. I don't
think the state zone management would be considered an unqualified success by
anyone. I know Bill Manning has some strong opinions born out of running .us.

I think is is fair to say that getting people who know how to do the job is
more important than the number of registries. How would you grade people's
ability to run a registry to qualify them?

Jerry